Monday, May 22, 2017

One Last Time....

One last time I had the opportunity to be with my lovely second graders! They were all so enthusiastic when they saw me, but I did not think much about it until... Mrs. Carti announced that the students had a surprise for me! I was curious to see what it was and then Mrs. Carti took out a large booklet the students made with a class picture on the front and individual handwritten letters and handdrawn pictures! They all came up to me and hugged me and said they were going to miss me. I was so surprised and had mixed emotions of happiness and sadness.

Afterwards, they all wanted me to give one last cursive lesson so I taught them how to write the letter "g" in cursive. They were all so eager to begin and when they did, they told me they didn't want me to leave because they are going to miss me correcting and checking their handwriting, which made me very emotional!

When we finished hand-writing, we all had snacks, and just like the Kindergarten class, the Second grade class was just as excited for their munchkins! All throughout snack they each went up to me asking if I had read their letters, and I even received more hugs from them. At the end of the day they all became so emotional that each one of them ran up to me and trapped me in the biggest hug I ever received! I wanted to cry but I didn't want to become emotional in front of the children. As I walked out they all shouted "GOOD BYE MISS. E COME BACK SOON AND VISIT US!" I was so overwhelmed and wanted to take them all with me, as they suggested they each wanted to join me in college. They were all so lovely and I had an amazing experience overall with both the Kindergarten and Second grade class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment